As the waning days of summer give way to the changing season, we present our newest Estie, a tribute to the prismatic beauty of a light-filled Honeycomb. Honey is as old as history itself. Used for more than 8000 years by ancient civilizations as a gift to the Gods, archaeologists excavating Egypt’s famous pyramids discovered tombs that contained still-edible 3000 year-old honey. Bees also know the magic of crystallized honey, storing and using it for food as fall arrives and winter approaches. The Estie Honeycomb is flecked with the colors of rich amber, golden sunsets, and is reminiscent of the rainbow of rustling leaves underfoot.
The reborn Esterbrook Estie fountain pen is made of a orange and brown resin with a cushion cap that features silver accents. It comes with an international cartridge and converter.
The Esterbrook Estie comes with a #6 Jowo Steel nib available in Fine, Medium, Broad and 1.1mm. The Journaler nib is available for an additional $50.
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write.
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point.
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter, which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle.
- Sleek palladium clip that provides a clean accent for the cap and slides easily to ones shirt pocket.
- Measurements: 5.9″ Closed, 5″ Open, 6.7″ Posted.
- Sold separately, the Esterbrook MV Adaptor with Vintage Nib gives you a vintage nib experience with the modern Esterbrook pen. You can fit any vintage Esterbrook nib unit into this adaptor, and use it with your Estie fountain pen. (MV Adaptor is also available without a nib).
- The Esterbrook Estie Honeycomb is also available in Gold Trim Fountain, Gold Trim Rollerball and Chrome Trim Rollerball.
Journaler Nib: The Esterbrook Custom Nib Program is our way to highlight exceptional American nibmeisters and we’ve asked some of the most prominent and exceptional nibmeisters in our community to create nibs to be a part of Esterbrook’s storied legacy.
Gena Salorino of the Custom Nib Studio in Los Angeles has created the first edition. An apprentice to nibmeister John Mottishaw of Nibs.com for nearly four years, Gena’s nib work is derived from his style, but as she’s established Custom Nib Studio, her signature nibs have become well-known in the marketplace for her own trademark style and beautiful handmade quality.
In her own words, the custom nib Gena is grinding for Esterbrook is a “medium stub grind, based on the vintage Esterbrook 9314M nib. The idea is that it’s smooth and friendly enough for everyday use, gives your writing some flair, all without being too huge for practical writing”. Available for the Standard and Oversized Estie’s as well as the new Camden, Gena’s custom nib has an MSRP of $50. This nib will replace your standard nib. Meaning, your pen will come with just this nib and not as a second nib unit.