The reborn Esterbrook Estie fountain pen is made of a deep black resin with a cushion cap that features gold accents. It comes with an international cartridge and converter. The Oversize version of the pen is a longer bodied pen as compared to the standard Estie.
The Esterbrook Estie comes with a #6 Jowo Steel nib available in Fine, Medium, Broad or 1.1mm. The Journaler nib is available for an additional $50.
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write.
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point.
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter, which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle.
- Sold separately, the Esterbrook MV Adaptor with Vintage Nib gives you a vintage nib experience with the modern Esterbrook pen. You can fit any vintage Esterbrook nib unit into this adaptor, and use it with your Estie fountain pen. (MV Adaptor is also available without a nib).
- The Esterbrook Estie Ebony Oversize is also available in Chrome Trim Fountain.
Journaler Nib: The Esterbrook Custom Nib Program is our way to highlight exceptional American nibmeisters and we’ve asked some of the most prominent and exceptional nibmeisters in our community to create nibs to be a part of Esterbrook’s storied legacy.
Gena Salorino of the Custom Nib Studio in Los Angeles has created the first edition. An apprentice to nibmeister John Mottishaw of Nibs.com for nearly four years, Gena’s nib work is derived from his style, but as she’s established Custom Nib Studio, her signature nibs have become well-known in the marketplace for her own trademark style and beautiful handmade quality.
In her own words, the custom nib Gena is grinding for Esterbrook is a “medium stub grind, based on the vintage Esterbrook 9314M nib. The idea is that it’s smooth and friendly enough for everyday use, gives your writing some flair, all without being too huge for practical writing”. Available for the Standard and Oversized Estie’s as well as the new Camden, Gena’s custom nib has an MSRP of $50. This nib will replace your standard nib. Meaning, your pen will come with just this nib and not as a second nib unit.