The story begins in 1901 when the Franklin family began manufacturing ceramics in Marietta, GA. For 91 years fine and basic ceramic products were manufactured domestically and imported from Europe by The Franklin Co. Operations were headquartered at 890 Franklin Road, in Marietta, into the 1990s. Recent decades have evolved the company into producers of fine accessories. The tradition and love of designing, manufacturing and importing quality products has remained through the decades. In the year 2001, five generations later, the brand Franklin-Christoph was presented with the IPO fountain pen. Franklin-Christoph goes into this new millennium with the same values and dedication to quality as the generations before. The passion for designing elegant, functional products is evident within every piece. These high quality pens are made from metal and acrylics, with steel and gold nibs, and are piston filled. These Pens are for wordsmithing, hand lettering, writing, calligraphy, drawing, and art.