Firm enough to use for support when writing near the front or back, but flexible enough to bend and to be comfortable to hold and fit into bags and covers. Covered with our durable Firma-Flex material.
We have developed a specially formulated paper designed for fountain pen use with these key elements:
- Resistant to feathering
- Resistant to bleed through
Our paper is 90gsm made from sugar cane extract, is pH neutral, and acid free in a proprietary Franklin-Christoph formula. Acid free means it's good for archival purposes. We use true A system international sizing. These pads and journal notebooks also work well with rollerball and ballpoint ink, as well as pencil.
Exterior Measurements: A6 Small = 4 3/8" x 6" or 111mm x 153mm
- These are sewn bound 96 sheet notebooks (192 pages)
- Graph paper or dot paper
- Each book has subtle color coded exterior stitching per the printing inside. Ruled is maroon, Graph is olive green, Dots is purple, and blank is grey.
- All graph lines are 5mm apart. Graph lines are 30% black (light grey) with top and bottom margin lines in maroon.
- Books will lay flat when open for comfortable writing.
- Black nylon page marker
- Celtic Knot and Four Diamonds debossed logo on front.
- Beveled corners - not only a Franklin-Christoph design element, but also keeps paper corners from bending.
- Note that this sugar cane paper can have a very light lavender hue in certain types of indoor light. Especially in comparison to bleached out copy paper.
This case is engrave-able, see pictures for font choices. Engraving on leather varies due to material and dying processes.
Check out our monthly staff picks for great Inks, Paper, and accessory ideas.