Our new Estie harkens back to the nostalgic 1950’s in Camden, NJ. Ice cream parlors were a gathering place on warm summer nights and soda fountains were long counters with swivel seats in pharmacies and five and dimes. Jukeboxes were playing Nat King Cole, Miles Davis, Sinatra, Elvis and the Beatles. A trip for ice cream was a multi-generational affair and egg creams, malted and milkshakes were all on the menu. Perhaps the most delicious of all the summer treats, was the classic ice cream sundae. Vanilla ice cream, homemade hot fudge, a sprinkle of peanuts, a swirl of whipped cream, and most important of all, a cherry on top.
In honor of this delectable delight we’re celebrating summer with the Estie Maraschino, a toast to a symbol of Americana: the ice cream parlor, with a juicy red addition to the Esterbrook line-up. Available in our oversized and standard sized models, in both silver and gold trim.
And just like the summer, this Estie will disappear as quickly as the cherry atop a sundae.
The Esterbrook Estie comes with a #6 Jowo Steel nib available in Fine, Medium, Broad and 1.1mm. The Journaler nib is available for an additional $50.
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write.
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point.
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter, which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle.
- Sleek palladium clip that provides a clean accent for the cap and slides easily to ones shirt pocket.
- Measurements: 5.9″ Closed, 5″ Open, 6.7″ Posted.
- Sold separately, the Esterbrook MV Adaptor with Vintage Nib gives you a vintage nib experience with the modern Esterbrook pen. You can fit any vintage Esterbrook nib unit into this adaptor, and use it with your Estie fountain pen. (MV Adaptor is also available without a nib).
- The Esterbrook Estie Maraschino Cherry Fountain is also available in Gold Trim.
Journaler Nib: The Esterbrook Custom Nib Program is our way to highlight exceptional American nibmeisters and we’ve asked some of the most prominent and exceptional nibmeisters in our community to create nibs to be a part of Esterbrook’s storied legacy.
Gena Salorino of the Custom Nib Studio in Los Angeles has created the first edition. An apprentice to nibmeister John Mottishaw of Nibs.com for nearly four years, Gena’s nib work is derived from his style, but as she’s established Custom Nib Studio, her signature nibs have become well-known in the marketplace for her own trademark style and beautiful handmade quality.
In her own words, the custom nib Gena is grinding for Esterbrook is a “medium stub grind, based on the vintage Esterbrook 9314M nib. The idea is that it’s smooth and friendly enough for everyday use, gives your writing some flair, all without being too huge for practical writing”. Available for the Standard and Oversized Estie’s as well as the new Camden, Gena’s custom nib has an MSRP of $50. This nib will replace your standard nib. Meaning, your pen will come with just this nib and not as a second nib unit.