Field Notes Lunacy Limited to 35,000 packs
Lunacy will be the 32nd Quarterly Edition.
The embossed covers are made from Neenah’s Classic Crest “Epic Black Stipple” which features a gorgeous, almost leathery finish. For the first time ever, we’ve die-cut the covers, using individual dies for each of the three books. One reveals a full moon, one a half moon, and one a crescent.
The moon that’s visible through the die-cut is printed in 4-color on a glossy flyleaf which also includes facts and folklore about earth’s constant companion, as well as a lovely shot of the dark side of the moon in the back of the books. The Field Notes logo is embossed with a subtle hit of varnish, and the back cover features an embossed full moon. The books are bound with black staples, and the 48 body pages feature light grey “Moondust” pages.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Neenah Classic Crest “Epic Black Stipple” 100#C, with die cutting and embossing by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Domtar Earth Choice “Gray” 60#T with “Moondust Gray,” and Opus Text “White” 70# with 4-color process soy-based Saphira inks.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Reticle grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
We Also Recommend