Field Notes "Utility"
Our 34th Quarterly Edition for the Spring of 2017 is a hard-working, high-visibility memo book that’s ready for anything. The “Utility” Edition sports a bright “Safety Yellow” cover and includes a handy new flip-out ruler that folds out from the back cover. The pages are “Pure White” vellum 70# text stock and, like the covers, are from our friends at Mohawk. The pages are heavy, toothy and can’t wait to meet your favorite pen or Carpenter Pencil.
“Utility” features your choice of two often-requested-but-rarely-available body pages: Engineer Graph or Ledger. Engineer Graph features a 1/8-inch grid with bolder lines each half-inch. It’s ready for your schematics, assembly drawings, geometry homework, or dungeon maps. The Ledger version, of course, is ultra-handy for mileage logs, parts lists, to-dos, or any sort of handwritten accounting. The vibrant color and high contrast of this release is sure to draw attention in your shop and, thematically, it appeals to customers getting set for all things spring.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Mohawk Via Vellum 80#C “Safety Yellow,” with a brute force 2-color application of “Contractor Black” and “Overtime Red” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: Mohawk Via Vellum 70#T “Pure White“ with a fine, 1-color application of “Get-It-Done Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Engineer graph grid: 1/8"× 1/8" (3.18mm × 3.18mm). Ledger lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
UPC GRAPH FNC-34a: 858493003486, LEDGER FNC-34b 858493003493
We Also Recommend