As we welcome 2020, it's traditional for people to commit to making changes to start the new year. Businesses make changes and plans, too. Many of the major shipping companies have announced that they will be increasing their prices to coincide with the new year. What does this mean for our customers? Let's break it down.
Most of our packages travel to our customers via the United States Postal Service (USPS, for short). They have announced that their rates will increase on January 26, 2020. We offer flat rate pricing for packages sent through USPS to keep things as easy as possible. We will continue to offer free U.S. shipping for orders over $40.
For U.S. Orders under $40:
- For Small Packages traveling First Class, we will continue to charge $4.50.
- Small Priority packages will see an increase from $6.50 to $7.00.
- Larger Packages will increase from $7.00 to $8.00.
- And though we rarely see an Overweight Package, their shipping cost will increase from $15.00 to $18.00.
For Orders going to Canada via USPS:
- We are going to offer more options based on the weight of the package starting with a Light Package option that will cost $10.00.
- The Standard Package option will increase from $11.00 to $15.00.
- Heavy Packages will remain at $20.00 for now.
- Overweight Packages will continue to be $40.00.
International Orders shipping via USPS:
- We will continue to ship Lite and Small Packages at their current rates of $15.00 and $25.00, respectively.
- Medium Packages will increase from $30.00 to $35.00.
- Large Packages will remain at $50.00
- Oversize Packages will continue to be $100.00.
New rates will go into effect on January 20, 2020. We will do our best to maintain these rates, as well as give ample notice of any changes if we must make them.
We will continue to offer alternatives to USPS through both UPS and DHL. Rates for UPS and DHL are calculated by weight and not expected to change. The calculated rates will show up as you complete the check out process when placing an order.
As always, if you have questions please send us an email at email@example.com. You can also refer to our shipping information page for more details.